Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Final exam, Mom and Dad arrive in Paris!

Whew! I'm finally done with classes! I had my final exam today at Le Cordon Bleu. The 2 dishes chosen for the exam were the hot fish terrine and the roasted duckling with turned turnips. I pulled the yellow chip, which meant that I had to make the fish terrine. Ironically, the fish terrine was my least favorite dish of the entire session. Thankfully, it was much easier to make the second time around, and chef actually helped a couple of us run the fish through the tamis (I need more muscles!).
My parents arrived into Paris while I was still at school so after class, I headed home to drop off my things and then took the metro to the Le Meridien where they were staying.

Quinn and I played tour guide as we walked through Paris. We took them to Rue de Buci and sat down at Da Rosa before deciding to go 2 doors down to Fromagerie 31. We had such a good experience there the day before that we wanted to go back. This time, we got a plate of 9 different kinds of cheese and a bottle of the same Quincy wine.

We walked back to Les Halles and showed our apartment, the view from the apartment, and the neighboring streets to Mom and Dad.



Our favorite restaurant in Paris is Le Grapillon. We've been sending everyone there but we haven't been back since our first week in Paris so we decided to take my parents there for their first French meal in Paris.

After our 3 course dinner, we walked back to Montparnasse to show Mom and Dad the way back to the hotel.

1 comment:

  1. Has your fav restaurant really been the one that my friend recommended?

    ReplyDelete