Friday, June 5, 2009

Le Cordon Bleu, more sightseeing, more French food

I took my parents to school today for our graduation ceremony for the Basic students. After the ceremony, I gave them a quick tour of the small school, and we went upstairs to the first floor demonstration room for a buffet lunch. They were serving risotto, saffron chicken, amuse bouches of various items, and lots of other finger foods. They also came out with dessert trays filled with macaroons, financiers, and miniature tarts. Yum!






I took my parents to the Cité metro stop so that they could do some sightseeing at Saint Chapelle and Notre Dame.




After going home to change into my walking shoes, I met my parents at Notre Dame and then took them back to Montorgueil. Along the way, we strolled past the sidewalk nurseries and then went underground so I could show them the Forum des Halles shopping center just below our nighborhood park.

Thanks Mom and Dad for the colorful scarf and beautiful necklace!


We headed to Grizzle Cafe towards the Marais for dinner where we had another dinner of traditional French fare (duck confit, roasted chicken, and hachis parmentier with duck).



Benoit, Miswa, Quincampoix, Gras



A visit to Montorgueil would not be complete without a stop at Deliziefollie so we stopped there after dinner for coffee and gelato.

No comments:

Post a Comment