Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sacre Coeur, Le Relais Gascon, Montorgueil, dinner at home

We started the day off at Sacre Coeur for Sunday mass and then headed up to the dome to take in the beautiful view of Paris. It rained on and off all day but while we were Sacre Coeur, the blue skies and clouds were a beautiful backdrop against the white travertine stone.



Just a couple blocks down from Sacre Coeur is our fav salad joint, La Relais Gascon. Quinn and I took my parents there for salads loaded with lots of goodies: foie gras, smoked salmon, and gizzards. Oh my!


While I began to cook dinner, Quinn took my parents down our street for another tour of the shops, patisseries, and chocolatiers.


My first dinner to cook for guests after graduating from Le Cordon Bleu was for my parents. I made sea breem with a white wine sauce, boiled turned potatoes, glazed carrots, and a garnish of tomato concasse with a mixture of avocado and parsley on top. I had also been planning on making escargot with "snail butter," but I didn't realize until just before dinner that there was no can opener in the apartment. The snails in France come canned, and it was an odd realization that a can opener is not a staple item in a French household. So, with the "snail butter" that I had already made, I made garlic bread instead.


After dinner, I had a little belated birthday surprise for Mom.

We sent my parents home past midnight once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment