Thursday, June 11, 2009

We're engaged!!!!

Our trip to Paris has been so memorable, and tonight has made it even so much more meaningful. Quinn made reservations for dinner and was keeping the location a surprise. We jumped on the metro and headed towards the Latin Quarter. We arrived at Le Coupe Chou, a cozy, romantic French restaurant and were seated in a small section in the back, which we had all to ourselves.

Quinn had brought my "graduation present" for finishing my course at Le Cordon Bleu and presented it to me before dinner. As I tore through the wrapping paper, I saw that it was a Louis Vuitton purse! As I looked inside, I saw that there was something else there. In a small Louis Vuitton clutch nestled inside the purse, I felt a box. Before I could process what was all happening, Quinn was beside me down on one knee. As he told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, tears started streaming down my face and I said YES (even before he asked me the quintessential "will you marry me" question)!


After he had slipped the ring on my finger and sat back down, the waitress came to our table with a bottle of the 2003 Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage Brut, a bottle that we had picked up when we traveled to Champagne. Quinn had come to the restaurant the day before, scoped the place out, and dropped off the bottle of bubbly without me knowing (sneaky!).



Dinner was beyond delicious, but I was in such shock and so happy that I hardly touched my food! It's ok though... Quinn (aka my garbage disposal) ate most of my meal.



We walked through Paris after dinner passing by the Notre Dame. As we crossed Pont Neuf, we stopped to sit on one of the benches where we had a view of the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the Seine River. It was such a romantic night and being in Paris made everything so much more magical. It was even before we started dating that Quinn and I would meet at Starbucks and daydream about taking a few months off to live in Paris...

6 comments:

  1. grace and quinn
    congratulation!!!
    we are so happy for you.
    life is long yet short, enjoy every moment of each other together.

    we love you very much
    d&m

    ReplyDelete
  2. much congrats you two! we'll have to celebrate when we see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is excellent news! Congrats to both of you! Great to welcome a new cousin into the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations again, Grace and Quinn! We share
    in your joy! This occasion makes Paris, the city
    of love, even more meaningful in your lives. Can't wait to celebrate with you when you return to California! A votre sante!
    Lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry this is late, but congratulations Grace and Quinn! How romantic, and absolutely perfect. I'm so happy for you guys, and I'm looking forward to congratulating you guys in person. What happy news!

    ReplyDelete