Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My first class demonstration!

During my first class demonstration, we went over knife cuts, rustic vegetable soup, croutons, and bouquet garni. The class is taught in French, but there is an English translator who translates during the class (thank goodness!). I mean, I answer "oui chef!" whenever the chef says some word in French that I don't even know the meaning to!!!



Quinn and I had Thai for lunch (not even nearly as good as the Thai in SF), and we did quite a bit of walking around the neighborhood. We also hung out at a cafe named Angelina on Rue de Rivoli. It had gotten rave reviews for their signature hot chocolate, which I, of course, had to order. It was almost like melted chocolate, so thick and decadent. It was quite delicious, but I could have sufficed with a quarter of a cup of it since it was so rich.

1 comment:

  1. That soup looks so good! It's making me hungry...
    lunchtime here right now. And the presentation is so creative!

    ReplyDelete