Saturday, March 21, 2009

A picnic, people watching, crepes

Having a picnic is one of my favorite things to do in Paris. Today, I made my way over to the Champ de Mars near the Eiffel tower and made myself a veggie sandwich. For some reason, I haven't eaten much meat since I've been here. It's probably because the produce is so fresh that the veggies actually taste good!



After miles of walking around the city, I perched myself on a set of stairs at the end of my street to do some people watching. The streets were particularly lively today, probably because it's Saturday. There were masses of people everywhere. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like during peak tourist season when the city is flooded with even more people. I love living on a pedestrian-only street. It's the greatest feeling to just walk downstairs and be in the middle of it all.


When I first came to Paris in 2002, Nutella and banana crepes were my staple, but this time around, I still haven't gotten around to getting one from one of the many street vendors that sell them. I was inspired today to make my own Nutella and banana crepes after the narrator of The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry talked about making them (I've been listening to the audiobook during my walks).


Pedometer count for the day: 7.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment