Friday, May 29, 2009

Oysters and beer! A nice walk down Champs Elysees

One thing I love about Paris and living on Montorgueil is that you can just walk downstairs and there is so much to explore. We headed down the street for some oysters and beer at Taverne Karlsbrau where the oysters were humungous (we ordered No. 2's and No. 3's), the beer was refreshing, and the french fries were sinfully delicious. It reminded me a bit of going to Hog Island Oyster Co. in the Ferry Building in San Francisco when Quinn and I would go for happy hour to enjoy oysters and beer.

More turned apples...
I could call this "studying" for my final exam! I've actually started enjoying turning fruits and vegetables. It's therapeutic!

With all of the "not so healthy" food we've been eating, I decided that I needed to go for a walk. Since I don't have classes anymore, I haven't been getting in my daily 6 miles of walking to/from school. I headed towards the Champs Elysees to take some pics and get some exercise. One nice thing about the Champs Elysees is that the sidewalks are so wide that you don't often have to dodge people while you're walking. One thing about Paris that perplexes me is how French people have no regard for other people on the sidewalk. When it's obvious that I'm going to collide with someone else because there just isn't enough room on the sidewalk, I usually contort my body to pass by. However, the other person doesn't. I don't get it! I had a laugh when I was reading David Lebovitz's blog, and he mentioned that one thing he would miss about Paris if he moved away was the brusque-ness of Parisians and how "shoving someone out of the way is far less-effort than contorting yourself to try and move around others." It's sooo true!


No comments:

Post a Comment