Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday market cooking, picnic-ing, night-shooting

After stopping by the corner cafe for a typical Parisian breakfast (cafe and croissants), we went shopping at the local Sunday market on Rue Montmartre. We bought fruits, veggies, and fish, and I went home to make lunch. I filleted the fish (dorade) garnished with tomatoes, onions, and avocado, and made a white wine sauce to go with everything. I'm planning to cook for my parents when they come to Paris next week so I was "practicing."

We crossed another thing off our "to do" list: going to Les Halles for a picnic. We have a park within a 1 minute walk from the apartment, and I thought it would be a shame if we missed out on picnic-ing there so we stopped by Stohrer, picked up some goodies, and brought some wine. I finally got to crack open the book I brought to Paris with me! I also have a new dessert to add to my "must-try making" list: fraisier (pictured on the right). It is layered with chocolate, bavaroise, genoise, glaze, and strawberries... sounds easy enough!


After a couple of drinks and good conversation at our neighborhood cafe, La Pointe St. Eustache (the same place where we had breakfast this morning), Quinn and I went night-shooting along the Seine and at Notre Dame.



1 comment:

  1. love the night pics! can't believe you're graduating in a few days! woohoo!! congrats sis!! :D

    ReplyDelete